Dr. Heba Isawi
Associate Prof. at Water Treatment & Desalination unit, Division of water Resources, Egyptian Desalination Research Center of Excellence (EDRC), www.edrc.gov.eg, Desert Research Center,
Dr. Isawi is an Associate Prof. at Water Treatment & Desalination unit, Hydrogeochemistry Dept., Division of Water Resources Desert Research Center. Dr. Isawi’s primary research interests in Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies, Synthetic Polymers and Materials Chemistry for Water Desalination/Treatment, Membrane separation technologies as microfiltration, Nanofiltration, Ultrafiltration membranes, Reverses Osmosis, Forward Osmosis, and Membrane distillation, Hybrid organic-inorganic Nano-materials for Water Treatment/Desalination, Membrane fouling and scaling, Membrane surface and chemical modifications, Nanomaterial’s preparation and characterization, Preparation and characterization Nanocomposite membranes, and Water quality. She also worked with new techniques for wastewater and reuse and methods for studying persistence of groundwater contamination.
1- University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Visiting Scholar at Chemical Engineering Department. (Advisors: Prof. Xianshe Feng).
2- Ain Shams University, Ph.D. in Chemistry “Synthesis of Nano-enhanced Reverse Osmosis membrane for desalination of saline groundwater in Sharm El Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt” (Advisors: Prof. Mohamed Sabry Abdel-Mottaleb, Prof. Magdy H. Elsayed, and Prof. Hosam Shawky).
3-Benha University, M.Sc in Chemistry“Chemistry and Treatment of Groundwater in El Dakhla Oasis” (Advisors: Prof. Mohammed Helmy Arief, Prof. Magdy H. Elsayed, and Prof. Hosam Shawky).
4- Zagazig University, B.Sc in Special Chemistry.
Short Term Fellowship Research Funding Award from the Scientific Research and Developmental Funding (STDF) in Egypt, (2016) Visiting Scholar in Chemical Engineering Department University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. (Advisor: Prof. Xianshe Feng).
The PI of the “Association for Renewable Energy” project Cooperation between the Scientific Research and Developmental Funding (STDF) in Egypt and the Venture Well USA, Innovative Egypt program from 1/6/2018 to 2/2/2019.
Dr. Isawi participation in “Integrated use of geophysical and hydrogeochemical methods, Soil studies and GIS applications to benefit from rain harvesting in the catchments of the Coastal area South of Marsa Alam, Egypt.” project funded by the Desert Research Center (DRC), number 19 .
Dr. Isawi participation in “Developing a prototype for an off-grid solar heat-driven adsorption water-desalination system” project funded by the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT).
Dr. Isawi participation in “Groundwater Desalination in Arid Regions Using Innovative Thermal Solar System Integrated with Seawater Greenhouses Technology” project funded by the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT).
- Dr. Isawi participation as PI in “Renewable Energy Applications” project funded by the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT) for the “US – Innovate Egypt Grant Program”.
Dr. Isawi participation in project funded by the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT) to establish: Capacity Building for the Egyptian Center of Excellence for Water Desalination Research.
Dr. Isawi participation in project funded by the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT) to establish; “Egyptian Center of Excellence for Desalination Research Egyptian (EDRC)”.
Dr. Isawi participation in project funded by Misr El Kheir Foundation entitled: Water Purification by Photo Catalytic Degradation of Contaminates Using Nano-materials Immobilized on Polymer Membrane.
Dr. Isawi participation in preparing the road-map of the future desalination presented to the academy of scientific research and technology (ASRT).
Dr. Isawi participation in “The National Alliance for Knowledge and Technology in the Field of Water Desalination” project funded from the academy of scientific research and technology, project # 42879.
Professional Registration and Service Activities
1. Electronics Science Technology and Application (ESTA).
2. Thin Film Luminescence journal.
The Public Relations and Media Committee in Academic Center for Conferences and Scientific Publishing-Malaysia.
Reviewer for some international journals:
1. Journal of African Earth Sciences, Elsevier.
2. Journal of Water Process Engineering, Elsevier.
3. Chemical Engineering Journal, Elsevier.
4. Advances in Nano Research, An International Journal, Techno-Press.
5. International Journal of Geology and Mining, Premier Publishers.
Last recent relevant publications:
1. Rasha A. El-Kholy, Ehab Zaghlool, Heba Isawi, Elsayed A. Soliman, Mostafa M. H. Khalil, Abdel-hameed M. El-Aassar & Moustafa M. Said (2022) Groundwater quality assessment using water quality index and multivariate statistical analysis case study: East Matrouh, Northwestern coast, Egypt. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-19761-3.
2. Gang Guo, Zhaoling Li, Lei Chen, Qingshan Ling, Feixiang Zan, Heba Isawi, Tianwei Hao, Jie Ma, Zongping Wang, Guanghao Chen, Hui Lu (2022) Review, Advances in elemental sulfur-driven bioprocesses for wastewater treatment: From metabolic study to application. Water Research, Volume 213, 15 April 2022, 118143.
3. Hesham, Moustafaa, Heba Isawi, S.M.Abd El Wahab (2022) Utilization of PVA nano-membrane based synthesized magnetic GO-Ni-Fe2O4 nanoparticles for removal of heavy metals from water resources. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, Volume 18, December 2022, 100696.
4. Fardous Zarif, Heba Isawi , Ahmed Elshenawy , Mustafa Eissa (2021) Coupled geophysical and geochemical approach to detect the factors affecting the groundwater salinity in coastal aquifer at the area between Ras Sudr and Ras Matarma area, South Sinai, Egypt. Groundwater for Sustainable Development Volume 15, November 2021, 100662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsd.2021.100662.
5. Heba Isawi, Mohamed O. Abdelaziz, Daila Abo Zeed, Rasha A. El-Kholy, Mostafa El-Noss, Moustafa M. Said, Abdel-hameed M. El-Aassar, Hosam A. Shawky (2021) Semi industrial continuous flow photoreactor for wastewater purification in some polluted areas: Design, Manufacture, and Socio-economic impacts. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management 16 (2021) 100544. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enmm.2021.100544.
6. Doaa F. Ahmed; Heba Isawi, Nagwa A. Badway; A.A. Elbayaa; Hosam Shawky (2020) Evaluating the Performance of Fertilizer Draw Solutions by Using the Modified Cellulosic Composite Forward Osmosis Membranes. Journal of Membrane and Separation Technology, 2020, 9, 1-14.
7. Doaa F. Ahmed; Heba Isawi, Nagwa A. Badway; A.A. Elbayaa; Hosam Shawky, Graphene oxide incorporated cellulose triacetate/cellulose acetate nanocomposite membranes for forward osmosis desalination, Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2021) 14, 102995.
8. Doaa F. Ahmed; Heba Isawi, Nagwa A. Badway; A.A. Elbayaa; Hosam Shawky, Correction to: “Enhancing the performance of highly porous cellulose based nanocomposite membrane for possible application in forward osmosis desalination”. From: “Highly porous cellulosic nanocomposite membranes with enhanced performance for forward osmosis desalination”, Iranian Polymer Journal, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13726-021-00901-4.
9- Mostafa El-Noss, Heba Isawi, Hossam A. Shawky, M.A. Goma, M.S.A. Abdel-Mottaleb, (2020), Improvement of cellulose acetate forward osmosis membrane performance using zinc oxide nanoparticles. Desalination and Water Treatment, 193 (2020) 19–33.
10. Osamah M. A. Shahlol; Heba Isawi; Mohamed G. El-Malky; Abd El-Hameed M. Al-Aassar and Adel El zwi, (2019) Assessment of the physico-chemical properties of produced water from Sarir oil field in Sirt Basin, Libya. J. Environ. Sci. Institute of Environmental Studies and Research – Ain Shams University.
11. Osamah M. A. Shahlol; Heba Isawi, Mohamed G. El-Malky; Abd El-Hameed M. Al-Aassar; Adel El zwai, Performance evaluation of the different nano-enhanced polysulfone membranes via membrane distillation for produced water desalination in Sert Basin-Libya. Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2020) 13, 5118–5136.
12. Heba Isawi, Using Zeolite/Polyvinyl alcohol/sodium alginate nanocomposite beads for removal of some heavy metals from wastewater, Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2020) 13, 5691–5716.
13. Heba Isawi, Evaluating the performance of different nano-enhanced ultrafiltration membranes for the removal of organic pollutants from wastewater. Journal of Water Process Engineering 31 (2019) 100833.
14. Heba Isawi, Development of thin-film composite membranes via radical grafting with methacrylic acid/ ZnO doped TiO2 nanocomposites. Reactive and Functional Polymers 131 (2018) 400–413.
15. Abdel-hameed M. El-Aassar, Heba Isawi*, Mostafa El-Noss, Rasha A. El-Kholy, Moustafa M. Said, Hosam A. Shawky. Design and fabrication of continuous flow photoreactor using semiconductor oxides for degradation of organic pollutants. Journal of Water Process Engineering 32 (2019) 100922.
16. Heba Isawi, Magdi H. El-Sayed, Mustafa Eissa, Orfan Shouakar-Stash, Hosam Shawkey, Mohamed S. Abdel-Mottalebd (2016). Integrated geochemistry, isotopes, and geostatistical techniques to investigate groundwater sources and salinization origin in the Sharm EL-Shiekh area, South Sinia, Egypt. Water Air Soil Pollut (2016) 227:151, DOI 10.1007/s11270-016-2848-5.
17. Heba Isawi, Magdi H. El-Sayed, Xianshe Feng , Hosam Shawky, Mohamed S. Abdel-Mottaleb. Surface nanostructuring of thin film composite membranes via grafting polymerization and incorporation of ZnO nanoparticles, Applied Surface Science 385 (2016) 268–281.
18. El-Hag Ali, H.A. Shawky, M.H. El-Sayed, H. Ibrahim, (2008). Radiation synthesis of functionalized polypropylene fibers and their application in the treatment of some water resources in western desert of Egypt. Separation and Purification Technology 63 (2008) 69–76.
19. M. H. El-Sayed, H. A. Shawky, H. Ibrahim (2007). Chemical and geothermal studies on the groundwater of Dakhla Oasis, Western desert, Egypt, Ain Shams Science Bulletin, 45: 57-88.
1-Mathaf El-Mataryia st., Cairo, Egypt
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org &email@example.com