Towards Non-conventional Sustainable Water Resources
The Egyptian Desalination Research Center (EDRC) and the Technology and Innovation Commercialization Office (TICO)-Desert Research Center (DRC), in collaboration with the Miser El Kheir Foundation organize the first summer school on “Towards Non-conventional Sustainable Water Resources” which held in the period from 28-09-2019 to 04-10-2019. The daily sessions will be held at sustainable development center of Matruh resources (SDCMR), Marsa Matruh City.
The summer school will focus on small business development and provide solutions for the sustainable development of water resources under the challenges of climate change in Egypt.
The school aims to
The summer school aims the make water supply and wastewater management interesting and put this topic at the forefront of young researcher mind. Furthermore, it will give a broad understanding of water circulation in society as well as an understanding of the aspects related to water and wastewater treatment. The summer school also provide an open platform for participants from different universities and research institutes to share experiences and exchange cooperative ideas related to their different field of water student.
- Upgrade students with water management skills and provide them with an overview of the substantial knowledge of water resource management.
- Train students to explore new things in order to gain sustainable solutions to the water storage problem through friendly technologies based on reducing carbon emissions to mitigate climate change.
- Support students with the latest practices and technologies in the area of sustainable water
- Give the student the opportunity to expand their network as well as introduce them to teamwork to find non-conventional solutions for water storage problems.The output of this work will be a research project solving one of the water problems and will be presented at the end of school.
The accommodation will be in one of Marsa Matrouh hotel near to the lectures’ center. the participant will be stay in double rooms.
- Undergraduate students (3rd and 4th year) and graduate students from faculties of science, engineering, agriculture, or similar disciplines
- Master and Ph.D. students work or do scientific research in the field of water desalination, energy, irrigation, or environmental science. Agriculture or similar disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The School cost
- For undergraduate student 1500 LE.
- For Graduated, master and PhD student 2000 LE. These cost covers accommodation, meals, transportation, working materials during programs and certificate. Also, the cost covers the field trips to El-Remila Desalination plant, Desert Research center project in the field of rainwater harvesting and salt cave
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
The first step
- Your CV/resume
- Scanned photo copy of national ID
- Motivation letter with a description of your interest and motivation in attending the summer school and think about how you could contribute to the program. It also includes your experience and knowledge related to sustainable development.
Second step: fill out the application form and submit your application document via email by attaching the application form and all documents in one pdf file to email@example.com. We will receive the application by 20 September 2022. All applicants will be informed about the results of the selection process by the end of 20 September 2022. If selected, you will receive an invitation letter.